Online dating has become more acceptable and mainstream. If you want to meet someone, why not try it? It increases your chances of meeting someone in your same life-stage situation. There are plenty of reliable and effective options out there. Should you try online dating?
Dating sites cater to different customers, so, it is important to decide what you are looking for. Do you want friendship or a committed relationship? The sites use several methods to match their customers. These include age, hobbies, physical appearance, sports you enjoy, political views, and books you recently read. It is important to do some research before you decide which site to try.
Some advice about using online dating sites:
- Set realistic expectations. More than likely Prince Charming will not be your first date. Have patience with the process.
- Try to focus at first on friendship instead of the “relationship” part.
- Use a good and recent photo. It could be a casual photo.
- Create a detailed profile and ask a friend to review it.
- Be safe. Do not give out any personal information and meet in a public location.
Popular Online Dating Sites
- match.com – This is considered the largest site. It is easy to set up and has user friendly search tools. Match has 12 – 14 million visitors per month.
- Zoosk – Also, boosts of a large member base. It has 11 – 13 million visits per month. Best for singles seeking enhanced matchmaking.
- eHarmony– They have 29 different personal traits and variables to determine who is most suitable for you. This process takes longer, but, it emphasizes creating long-lasting relationships. It gets 4 – 6 million visits per month.
- Ourtime – For daters 50+ seeking companionship. Great site for serious over 50 daters. They get 2 – 4 million visits per month.
- Plenty of Fish – The first successful free site.
Are you ready to give online dating a try?