This week, we ring in 2016. Do you feel like the past year went quickly? What I love about a new year is that it is almost like a blank canvas. I have this great exercise to help you do that. You can make it the best ever! Follow your dreams in 2016, do not give up. Start the year with clear intentions. Spend a few minutes on the 5 steps to release 2015 and manifest in 2016.
Make 2016 your best year yet. You can do it! Begin today to plan, keep your thoughts positive, and believe in yourself. This past year brought many changes into my life, some were planned and some were not. One of the difficult changes was my position with a non-profit organization ended with no warning. I was told that my position was no longer funded. I was not sure that was true, but, it was time for me to move on and I did!
Try these 5 steps to ring in the New Year!
1. On New Year’s Eve, get out your journal and spend some time reviewing your life in 2015. Sit in a quiet spot and reflect on the past year without judgment. Try answering some of these questions;
a. What was the most significant thing that happened in your life in 2015?
b. List one joy and one sorrow that you experienced this year.
c. What is the greatest thing you learned this year?
d. What are you thankful for this year?
2. Next, list what you want to leave behind in 2015. What is getting in the way of living the life you want? If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
3. For one of the sorrows or difficult situations you faced, find the blessing in that situation. It is there, dig deep and find it.
4. Light a candle and say a prayer of gratitude for 2015. Have the feeling of gratitude permeate your whole being. Now, leave 2015 behind, especially leave behind any anger or resentment.
4. On New Year’s Day make a list of what you would like to manifest in 2016. Be very clear with your intentions. Write them in a positive form and believe the Universe will help you.
At the top of your list write, “This or something better will manifest in 2016!” Say that out loud and believe it in your soul.
Happy New Year! What would you like to manifest in 2016?