Do you ever lose faith and feel your prayers are not being answered? Maybe you need a LOVE rush. Emmet Fox says that, “Ninety-nine times in a hundred (your prayers are not being answered), it is because you are lacking in a sense of love for all. It is a cosmic law that Love heals and that fear and condemnation damage and destroy.”
Oxytocin is called the “love” hormone. It is a hormone that is made in the brain and it transported and secreted by the pituitary gland. It regulates childbirth and breast-feeding. Stress levels subside as oxytocin helps lower blood pressure and cortisol (stress) levels. Try these great tips for increasing your oxytocin levels and let LOVE lead!
A love connection is not only with a romantic partner or with family. Love can come from any form of authentic connection. Of course, love also begins with loving yourself. By loving yourself, you can reach out and be a beacon of light to others.
1. Hug someone. – Not a quick, let’s get this over with hug. But, a nice long hug and connection with another human being. Feel the love and compassion for the other person. You can also hug your pet.
2. Shake someone’s hand. – In order to make a connection, look the person in the eye and use both your hands to shake, one over the other.
3. Give someone a gift. – Give a gift, not out of obligation or expecting one in return. Give something unexpected and give with love.
4. Tell someone you love them and mean IT! – Is there someone you have been meaning to call or visit? Take the step and reach out to them.
5. Meditate on giving and receiving love. Try this short meditation.
6. Take a love bath. – Surround your bath area with rose or vanilla candles, fill the tub and put in several drops of rose oil. As you soak in the water, feel yourself surrounded by pink light – the light of unconditional love. Feel the rays penetrating every cell of your body. Take several deeps breaths and bask in the glowing pink light.
These tips can revive your energy and help you to love yourself and spread that love to others.
February is about love and romance. The New York Times had an article titled, “To Fall in Love With Anyone, Do This” written by Mandy Len Catron. She cited a study done over 20 years ago by the psychologist Arthur Aron. The study explored whether intimacy between 2 strangers can be hastened by asking a specific series of 36 questions. Then the final task is starring into each other’s eyes for four minutes. I am sure those four minutes seem like an hour. Ms. Catron did her own “study” and found that it worked for her. Maybe we should try this to begin falling in love.
I found this study fascinating. A series of questions is a great way to get to know each other. So many of my Match.com dates I felt I was being interviewed for a job. Or being interrogated. All that was missing sometimes was a bright light in my eyes. The usual questions would get so boring. What type of work do you do? How long have you lived in the area? Do you have any children? On and on and on. Boring small talk. Next time, I am going to try the 36 questions. I may have to work up to the 4 minute stare. I think I had to do something like that in acting class one time.
The questions are in three sets. Each set is intended to have you become more open and vulnerable. Here are a sampling of the questions:
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
1. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
2. What is your most treasured memory?
3. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
1. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life?
2. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
3. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
This simple meditation is a great way to open your heart chakra and feel the energy of giving and receiving love. This meditation is great to do if you want to attract a relationship into your life. Of course, it is not only designed for single or divorced women. If you feel negative energy around you or if you are feeling depressed or upset, try this meditation to change the negative energy to a feeling of love and warmth. It only takes a few minutes. Ready to meditate to give and receive love? Read the instructions a couple of times and try to do it from memory.
Find a quiet space to sit. A place that you will not be interrupted or distracted. Close your eyes and take a few deep breathes. Continue taking breathes until you feel relaxed. Try to let go of any worries or thoughts. Concentrate on the breaths going in and out of your body. Feel grateful for the air that you are breathing. When you feel relaxed, imagine a beautiful pink light surrounding your heart area. Imagine this beautiful pink light growing larger and larger with each breath. It keeps growing until it surrounds your entire body. Feel that this beautiful light is surrounding you with love. Now imagine there is someone sitting in front of you. This could be someone you know: your husband, your son, or your daughter. Or if you want to attract a relationship, this could be your future partner. You extend the beautiful pink light to them and surround them with your light and love. Fell the love extending from your heart to theirs. Now imagine they are sending you lots of love and pink light. You are allowing your heart to open to receive the love. Continue sending and receiving love for a few more minutes. Slowly open your eyes. Thank the Universe for filling your life with love and joy.
Gloria is a transformation life coach, spiritual teacher, and author. She received her Master in Education from the University of Florida and her life coaching certification from the Universal Coach Institute. Her articles have appeared in Huffington Post and divorcedmoms.com. Gloria brings over 35 years of entrepreneurial experience to her work. She is the proud mother of two grown sons.