Being single can have you feeling lonely at times. But, try this two-step process to focus on your strengths and stop the negative chatter in your mind.
Being single can have you feeling lonely at times. But, try this two-step process to focus on your strengths and stop the negative chatter in your mind.
This adorable book is filled with inspiring messages and beautiful, uplifting illustrations. It is the perfect book to give someone that you want to comfort, support or encourage. The messages are timeless and can be read over and over. Some of the topics include: happiness, growth, karma, forgiveness and calm. “Open when: Letters to lift your spirit” is also a great gift to give to yourself and keep it on your desk. Sometimes we need to think more positively, but, we get stuck in old habits and ways of thinking. This book will help you become unstuck with the uplifting passages. The book is arranged with envelopes that you unfold in an origami-like way to find the inspirational reading. There are twelve different envelopes to explore. The author, Karen Salmansohn, is considered a happiness expert and her newest book will have you find happiness and support. This will be my go-to gift book. It is a treasure.
One of my favorite messages:
Open when you need a booster shot of motivation……. When feeling overwhelmed by a faraway goal, repeat the following: I have it within me right now to get me to where I want to be later.
Inspired by the trend of “open when” letters sweeping the nation, Instant Happy author Karen Salmansohn has created a bound collection of 12 notes for readers to flip open whenever they need a pep talk. With categories like “Open when you need a laugh,” “Open when you’re feeling stressed out,” and “Open when you need courage,” these little happiness-boosters are based on Salmansohn’s viral posters that combine witty sayings with colorful graphics.
I received this book from Blogging for Books to write this review.
When you woke up today, were you excited to start the day? Did you begin the day with a sense of excitement or wonder? Or, did you think, darn, another day? We get trapped in habitual thinking and narrow minded thinking instead of looking at the possibilities. If you began your day with gratitude, it could set the tone for your entire day. Choose gratitude.
Recently, I broke several bones in my foot and it required surgery. I was unable to put any weight on my foot for about six weeks. In a few seconds, my life dramatically changed. Before this, I went to the gym daily and did the minimal workout. Now that working out is not an option, I can hardly wait to go back to the gym and do a kick butt workout.
You may have a job you dislike or dread going to. What if you were unemployed and did not know how to pay the bills this month? If you dislike your job, take some action steps to change careers or change your position, but, in the meantime, be grateful that you have a job, there are many people today that do not have that luxury.
You may not like where you live. What if you were homeless? Again, be grateful you have a place to call home and take action steps to make changes.
This week, try this experiment. When you begin to feel depressed about something, imagine if it was taken away from you. How would you feel? Begin to be thankful for the many blessings you currently have in your life.
Expect something wonderful to happen and that is what you will bring into your life. Get out of the habit of negative thinking. Chip away at it little by little, just like chipping ice from a pond at winter’s end.
“I am the strength, the courage and power to move forward through all experiences and remain joyous.”
“Triumph Over Fear” Online Course
With the year coming to an end, it is a good time to review your life this past year. There were probably some great moments and some disappointments. Maybe looking back, the year was just not what you expected or had hoped for. The year 2016 had quite a few powerful eclipses and is a year of endings. In numerology, it is a “nine” year, a year of endings. But, of course next year is a “one” year, a year of beginnings. I love the power of the Butterfly to represent change and transformation.
Did you have changes the past several months? Did some people eclipse out of your life?
Did you leave a job or are you thinking about changing careers? Or maybe are you considering moving? In a “nine” year, you may be thinking about a major change in your life. Well, new beginnings are coming in 2017.
A butterfly represents transformation. It has four cycles in its life. If we look closely at the stages, it can provide teaching for us. The “Medicine Card” deck, by Jamie Sams and David Carson, refers to the following four stages:
1. Is this the egg stage: Is it just a thought or idea?
2. Is this the larva stage: Do I need to make a decision?
3. Is this the cocoon stage: Am I developing and doing something to make my idea a reality?
4. Is this the birth stage: Am I sharing my completed idea?
By asking yourself these questions, you will discover the stage you were at in 2016. Many of us were probably at the cocoon stage and are now ready to give birth and FLY! Have the courage to fly and act, but, also remain flexible as to how God will manifest your dreams and transform your life.
God always finds a way to help those whose hearts reach out to Him.
This simple meditation is a great way to open your heart chakra and feel the energy of giving and receiving love. This meditation is great to do if you want to attract a relationship into your life. Of course, it is not only designed for single or divorced women. If you feel negative energy around you or if you are feeling depressed or upset, try this meditation to change the negative energy to a feeling of love and warmth. It only takes a few minutes. Ready to meditate to give and receive love? Read the instructions a couple of times and try to do it from memory.
Find a quiet space to sit. A place that you will not be interrupted or distracted. Close your eyes and take a few deep breathes. Continue taking breathes until you feel relaxed. Try to let go of any worries or thoughts. Concentrate on the breaths going in and out of your body. Feel grateful for the air that you are breathing. When you feel relaxed, imagine a beautiful pink light surrounding your heart area. Imagine this beautiful pink light growing larger and larger with each breath. It keeps growing until it surrounds your entire body. Feel that this beautiful light is surrounding you with love. Now imagine there is someone sitting in front of you. This could be someone you know: your husband, your son, or your daughter. Or if you want to attract a relationship, this could be your future partner. You extend the beautiful pink light to them and surround them with your light and love. Fell the love extending from your heart to theirs. Now imagine they are sending you lots of love and pink light. You are allowing your heart to open to receive the love. Continue sending and receiving love for a few more minutes. Slowly open your eyes. Thank the Universe for filling your life with love and joy.
Happy Thanksgiving! This is a favorite prayer of mine and perfect for Thanksgiving.
Let Me Walk in Beauty
-Chief Yellow LarkO Great Spirit,
Whose voice I hear in the winds
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
I am small and weak.
I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty
And let my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the thing you have made
And my ears grow sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand the things
You have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
In every leaf and rock.
I seek strength not to be greater than my brother or sister
But to fight my greatest enemy, myself.
Make me always ready
To come to you with clean hands and straight eyes
So when life fades as the fading sunset
My spirit may come to you without shame.
What was the first thing you did when you woke up this morning? Maybe said a prayer for having another day on this magnificent earth? Did you feel joyful and excited about your day? Finding joy and living a joy-filled life allows you to shine. Joy is a true internal feeling that is not affected by life’s up and downs. It differs from happiness which is more external. You won the lottery, you feel happiness. This is not to say that you will always be joyful, but, by cultivating joy, you will be joyful more frequently. Here are my six ways to stay joyful.
I practice these steps, not every day, but, most days. If I am going through a more challenging period in my life, I make it a habit to integrate these actions in my life. Let your soul shine through with joy, it will help everyone around you feel better.
6 Ways to Stay Joyful
1. Be grateful. A practice that includes gratitude allows you to dwell on the positive aspects in your life. No matter how difficult a period you are going through, there is always something to be grateful for. Do you say a silent prayer before a meal? Or maybe start a Gratitude journal.
2. Do something creative. Learn something new. When you are doing a creative project, you unblock energy and that energy can now flow in better ways. When you are doing the creative project; pay attention to the process. Immerse yourself in it.
3. Find your passion. Pursue something that you care deeply about. Even taking small steps toward your passion will bring you joy. What does your ideal day look like?
4. Be of service to others. Take the focus off your ego-centered self and bring happiness to another person. Think of the countless ways you can be of service.
5. Exercise. The Mayo Clinic says, “Exercise in almost any form can act as a stress reliever. Being active can boost your feel good endorphins and distract you from daily worries”. You do not have to train for a marathon. Just do some exercise that you enjoy.
6. Listen to your intuition. In silence, you deep gut feelings are very reliable. Learn to be aware of them.
What do you do to bring more joy into your life?
On Valentine’s Day, I think of hearts. They are everywhere today. But, I also think about our own hearts and our own self-love. Do you follow and listen to your heart? Some days it might be easy to do, but, holding the vision can be tricky. So, how do you follow your heart? These 4 steps are the secret to following your heart.
1.The quickest way to begin is to spend some time in silence. Quiet you mind. This can be done by meditation, prayer, deep breathing, listening to beautiful music, or spending time in nature. There are countless ways, do whatever works for you. If you meditate, it does not have to be long. Five minutes in meditation will do wonders for quieting all the chatter in your mind.
You may try this one day and think, alright, I tried it and all I could think about was my busy schedule for the day. The key is, silencing the mind takes practice. Try doing one of the suggestions above for seven days straight and see if you notice a difference.
2. Now that you have your mind somewhat under control, you can begin to learn to follow your heart. After you have finished your silent time, ask yourself: “Where would you have me to go? What would you have me to do? What would you have me do today and to whom?” These questions are from “A Course in Miracles.” If you feel you have answers to these questions, get out a journal and write them down. Continue this until you feel comfortable with your answers.
3. Next write down some concrete, action steps that you can take to reach for your dreams and to follow your heart. It is okay to begin with small steps. Even small steps taken weekly is letting the Universe know that you are ready to follow your dreams and ready to listen to that small, so very wise voice that we all have inside us.
4. Do not give up. Keep that vision, that dream. Your dreams are like seeds planted in a garden. They make take time to grow. But, by taking action steps and holding your vision, you are watering that garden and someday will reap the harvest.
We are bombarded on a daily basis with unpleasant media, thoughts, and events. To remain positive and in a state of love and grace is not easy. It is something that requires vigilance and awareness. Dealing with unpleasant thoughts is easy once you become aware of your thoughts. Try these 4 ways to deal with unpleasant thoughts.
First, become aware and then change can occur. Try spending just part of one day being mindful of your thoughts. Every time you have a negative or fearful thought, mark it down on a sheet of paper. Did you find any surprises?
Sometimes you can actually feel the fearful thoughts in your body, especially around your solar plexus. The solar plexus is about two inches above your navel. Try scanning your body next time you have some unpleasant thoughts and see if you can “feel” them. Again, first becomes awareness and then change.
The past several years, I have had to face many fears. Most days I think I am going along pretty darn well and then I hear a word or sentence uttered by someone and bam, the fear returns along with that awful feeling in my solar plexus. Let’s face it, many of our fears have been with us our whole life. They have a long history in our minds, but, we can deal with them and the sooner we dispel the negative thought the better.
Try this next time you are dealing with unpleasant thoughts.
1. When a fearful thought arises pray and demand that it go. Relay on the power of God for help.
2. Try saying, “I refuse to accept this thought and the mental and physical condition it has brought on me.”
3. Become aware of what you read and what media you watch. It is not necessary to know of every murder, robbery, or crime. Also, become aware of the books you read. I believe in reading the news, but, I do not engage in the negative thoughts. I release them.
4. When an unpleasant thought arises, close your eyes and picture a beautiful beach or mountain scene. When you open your eyes, do you feel a difference?
We are meant to have happy, cheerful, loving and beautiful thoughts and you CAN; give it a try!
The holidays can be a very emotional time of year. As the year is nearing an end, you may be reflecting on this past year and possibly be disappointed in how the year went. You may be stressed from too many holiday parties and family visits or you may be stressed because you are alone or facing a life-threatening condition. You can initiate change into your life and you can control how you react to your life, one step at a time. Try these 4 ways to initiate change into your life.
My son recently had lunch with an actor who is currently the lead in a Broadway musical. He asked him, “How do you do the same part over and over and keep it fresh?” The actor said that every week, he picked one aspect of his performance to work on. One week it may his singing or his dancing, or doing his lines with a different motivation. That was how he kept his performance relevant every time he played that role.
This is not unlike our lives. Many times, we try to tackle all our issues, our problems or the changes we want at once. It is much better to pick one area for change, especially if we are feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
1. Pick one area of your life that you would like to change. Usually, it is one of four areas: prosperity, career/work, health, or relationships. This is especially important during this very stressful time of year. By taking control of one area, you will feel more in control of your entire life.
2. Spend some time writing down what you would like to change in that area. Try to be as specific as possible. For example, if you would like more prosperity, what specifically can you do to attract more into your life? Could it be to get a better paying job, get a second job, or stick to a budget better? If you are not sure, spend some time in silence getting in touch with your Inner Self. Practice this until you find an answer. And remember, we are taking one step at a time in one area.
3. When you have decided what you want, write it down where you can see it every day. Visualize it, think about it and pray about it. Know that the Universe is there to bring you your dreams and desires. Have faith.
4. Practice gratitude for what you already have. Thank God every day for the many gifts you already have in your life.
©2017 Gloria Marie Pierson. All Rights Reserved. Powered by RealTime