YOU GET WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT Ask and it will be given. You are connected to Source and you get what you think about. There is continuous expansion. Like a spiral, we can create our desires and new ones will sprout up. Our desires never end and the flow from Source never ends. The stronger your thoughts, the stronger your vibration and that is when you attract what you want.
Happy New Year! Happy New You! Wishing you a New Year filled with love, abundance, happiness, and magic.
What do you want to bring into the new year and what do you want to leave behind? This is a question that you may want to spend some time thinking about this holiday. Try the following four steps to clarify your intentions and to feel gratitude for 2019 and to shout out to the Universe what you want to manifest in 2020.
1. Today, get out your journal and spend some time reviewing 2019. Sit in a quiet spot and reflect on the past year without judgment. Try answering some of these questions; a. What was the most significant thing that happened in your life in 2019? b. List one joy and one sorrow that you experienced this year. c. What is the greatest thing you learned this year? d. What are you most thankful for this year?
2. Next, list what you want to leave behind in 2019. What is getting in the way of living the life you want? If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? • Write down on a small piece of paper what you would like to leave behind. It could be a situation, a bad habit, or a person. Burn the paper (carefully) and toss the ashes in the wind.
3. Light a candle and say a prayer of gratitude for 2019. Allow a feeling of gratitude to permeate your whole being. Now, leave 2019 behind, except for the lessons you learned. Release the past and trust that your soul in on a perfect journey. Trust the journey.
4. Make a list of what you would like to manifest in 2020. Be very clear about your intentions. Write them in a positive form and believe the Universe will help you. God wants us to live happy, abundant lives. Commit to yourself that this year you will listen to your inner guidance and follow it. At the top of your list, write, “This or something better will manifest in 2020!” Say that out loud and believe it in your soul. Whenever doubt or fear sets in, go back to your intentions. • Also, make a list of what you would like to nurture in your life. Is there a hobby you want to spend time doing? How about following your intuition more? How about trying to be more compassionate towards others? • When your list is complete, you can write it in your journal and decorate the page with stickers, ribbons, drawings, and fun colors.
Thank you for allowing me into your lives. I wish you much peace and happiness in the New Year! Commit to making it your best.
Affirmation for the New Year
“My God is a God of plenty, and I now receive all that I desire or require and more.”
HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE MOTIVATION Two powerful techniques to reset and allow happiness to be your choice. Every day you wake up and have a choice. Your life may not be perfect, but, do not allow negativity into your day. Your happiness will have a positive effect on all those around you. This video tells a story by Swami Ramdass. In his words, “Love can never beget hate. Be tolerant and patient. Above all, be humble, and forgiving towards others.”
RECONNECT WITH YOUR HIGHER SELF Three steps to empower yourself and allow your life to flow effortlessly. Stop the stress and struggle to connect with your higher self. You are a powerful soul with a Divine connection. Begin to release your ego and live in the present moment to live a joy-filled life and become the best version of yourself.
LAW OF ATTRACTION AND CREATIVITY Seven different ways to incorporate creativity into your life to increase your vibration, increase your energy of openness and change, and allow the flow for the Law of Attraction. Our minds and bodies become stagnant if we do the same things over and over. By taking the time for creative activities you will be happier, more relaxed, and more in touch with your soul. With the Law of Attraction, we focus on distant and outer goals. Creativity helps us to surrender to the present moment.
Journaling provides a vehicle for you to let your subconscious mind flow. Just pick up your journal and begin to write without judgment or editing. It is a super way to start the day, even if you only write for three minutes. Sometimes though, the words may not flow, and that is where journal prompts enter. If someday you find yourself stuck, use one of these prompts.
CHALLENGING SITUATIONS Can you see any way in which this challenging situation might have served your growth or caused you to shift? Did you learn something new about yourself? What did this experience teach you?
HAPPINESS List some “special” things you could do for yourself. What resource or tool could you begin doing to bring more happiness into your life? Complete the statement: What I love about my life________________________ I am_________________________________.
GETTING IN TOUCH What inspires you? What empowers you? What motivates you? What drives you? What makes you smile? What can you not live without?
FIVE TIPS FOR DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE Our world would be pretty boring if we were all alike. Think about it for a minute; there would be no variety in art, music, movies or clothes. So, when we encounter difficult people, be thankful you have variety in your life. Try these five tips for dealing with difficult people and you may discover something about yourself.
Beautiful Prayer from Paramahansa Yogananda to reflect and meditate on to help you raise your consciousness and get along with difficult people.
“I will speak the truth, but I will at all times avoid speaking unpleasant or harmful truths. I will offer no criticism that is not motivated by kindness.”
SEVEN DAY MENTAL DIET FOR MANIFESTING Your thoughts today will create your future. If you change your thoughts, your environment will change. The Seven Day Mental Diet for Manifesting was introduced by Emmett Fox in 1932. It has proven the test of time. Start today to create your future and let difficulties go away. Think thoughts that are POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE, OPTIMISTIC AND KIND. (PCOK)
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR PERSONAL MAGNETISM Put into practice today five simple ways to increase your personal magnetism. If you are applying for a job, want to meet some new people or starting a new endeavor, these tips will increase your success. You will feel, look and be more confident. Enhance your self-esteem with these techniques and I guarantee others will notice.
Events of the past can affect our current life. If we had a history of financial loss, job loss, loss of love or damage of any type, we surrender and think that this is the way it will always be. You may have experienced this in the past, but that is the key; it is in the past. If you look at the experiences from a higher level, most likely you grew spiritually from them.
The setbacks laid the foundation for who you are today. And just because that happened in the past does not mean it will in the future. You can change your story and change your life going forward. Healing can take place, and you emerge from a different place.
If you look outside your window today, you may see beautiful clouds, maybe some birds, and a car going by. If you look out your window tomorrow, it will not look the same. The Universe is in constant motion and is never the same. Similarly, with your beautiful life, the past does not have to define who you are today, tomorrow, or next year.
REMEMBER THE JOY!
3 STEPS TO CHANGE YOUR STORY BY CHANGING YOUR THOUGHTS
1. 17 Second Rule – Every time you are dwelling on something negative, change the thought to something positive, and hold that thought for 17 seconds. Then that thought will attract another positive thought with a similar vibration. You can do this mentally, speaking or writing.
2. Do Something Exciting – Create some emotional fireworks. Small shifts will make impacts on your life if done on a consistent basis. Read, play music, dance, daydream, spend time in nature, paint. Do what makes your heart sing. Whatever enters the mind repeatedly, shapes the mind and is what we become.
3. Remember Joy – Sit comfortably with your feet on the floor. Take a few deep breaths and relax your body. Remember one incident from your life that gave you considerable joy. Use all your senses to live in that place of comfort. What do you see? Hear? Taste? Smell? Stay in this moment for two minutes.
Gloria is a transformation life coach, spiritual teacher, and author. She received her Master in Education from the University of Florida and her life coaching certification from the Universal Coach Institute. Her articles have appeared in Huffington Post and divorcedmoms.com. Gloria brings over 35 years of entrepreneurial experience to her work. She is the proud mother of two grown sons.