Some days, I find it a little more difficult to meditate. On those days, I prefer to use a guided meditation. One of my favorite mediation apps is Buddify2. It is easy to navigate and has a wonderful variety of meditations to choose from. They have meditations for feeling stressed, going to sleep, in nature and many, many more. They meditations also vary in length. I love the “Kind” meditation.
Today there was a lunar eclipse. As a cancer, lunar phases seem to affect me. This lunar eclipse made me feel anxious, so, I thought I needed to take the emphasis off of “me” and put my energy into others. I needed to get out of my own head and connect with others. So, I chose the Buddify 2 “Kind” meditation. This is my version of the “Kind” Meditation.
The steps for the Meditation:
- Take a few minutes to sit still and take a few deep breaths.
- Think about someone you love or have affection for. The first person that comes to mind, is probably the one you want to direct your energy to. Silently repeat the following phrase while visualizing this person in your mind. “I wish you love and happiness”. Repeat this phrase silently for a few minutes. Then, picture your heart surrounded by beautiful pink light. Visualize this light growing and growing. Surround the person you are thinking about with this beautiful pink light, from your heart to theirs.
- Choose a second person that you love or have affection for. Repeat the above. Silently repeating,” I wish you love and happiness”. Then visualize the beautiful pink light from your heart to theirs.
- Now repeat the above on yourself. Silently repeat, “I wish you love and happiness”. Then visualize your entire body surrounded with pink light.
- Take a few deep breaths and slowly open your eyes.
Did you feel more relaxed?