Every Sunday the Single, Happy, and Strong Blog will have an exercise for you to do. This is a wonderful way to start a new week; to reflect, grow, and begin a shift in your life.
Since 2006, I have kept a Gratitude Journal. My first one was a beautiful hard cover journal with a moon on it. It was a gift from a friend. I designated this journal just to write out things I am grateful for. What I have enjoyed about doing this is looking back at what I was grateful for in the different stages of my life. My son will be turning 26 soon. One of the entries was about his 13th birthday party and the many things I was grateful for on that day. There are countless people that I mentioned that are on longer living on this earth. It is really heartwarming to read the incredible times I had with them. During some very difficult times, I may have only been grateful for another day, the sun, and the sky. But, whenever I wrote, I always found something to be grateful for.
Our words and thoughts carry tremendous energy. Living and feeling with a sense of lack in your life, you are going to create more lack. By focusing on gratitude and the many wonderful gifts you are given every day, you will create more positive energy and bring more positive things into your life.
So, why not begin today on Sensational Sunday.
- Get a journal that you will designate as your very own, Gratitude Journal. Take some time picking it out. Pick out a cover that makes you smile. Hold it in your hands, does it feel right? Good?
- Designate a place in your home to keep your Gratitude Journal. It should be in a place visible enough, so, you remember to write in it. After a time, writing in it will become a habit. I like to write in mine right before I go to sleep, so, I place mine on my bed.
- Commit to listing at list 3 things ever day. Remember to put the date. If you are having trouble writing 3 things, take a deep breath and relax, go over your day, and remember what brought you even a small amount of joy.
- Try to write different things, it sometimes becomes easy to list the same things over and over.
- If you forget to write a day or a week, that is OK.
Enjoy this exercise that will help you focus on the positive aspects in your life.