The following is an excerpt from my book, “Divorce the Divorce: a 52 Step Journey to Create Unlimited Happiness”. This chapter is on gratitude. You do not need to be going through a divorce to practice gratitude. It is a powerful tool for anyone. Try these eight steps to become a magnet to attract more positive elements in your life. Make a commitment to yourself to start today!
“Owing to the vibratory power of words, whatever man voices, he begins to attract.”
-Florence Scovel Shinn
One simple thing that can make your life better is gratitude. Our words carry tremendous energy. Living and feeling with a sense of lack in your life, you are going to create more lack. By focusing on gratitude and the many wonderful gifts you are given every day, you will surround yourself with more positive energy and bring more joy into your life. This is the spiritual Law of Attraction.
Before my feet touch the floor in the morning, I thank God for another day. It is not only the obvious things to be grateful for but also the not so obvious things. Did someone smile at you today? Did you see the sky today? Did you have clean water to drink? Some days it may be difficult to find something to be grateful for; we all have days like that. But on days like that it is even more important to change your energy and find something to be grateful for. Try to expand the feeling throughout your body and heart. In difficult times being grateful will change your perspective, and it will allow more happiness to enter your life.
On the mirror in my bathroom, I have an index card with the following saying, “I am grateful for what I have, and I welcome all the gifts this day will bring.” Isn’t that a beautiful way to start a day?
When negative thoughts of fear and doubt enter your mind, focus on gratitude. Gratitude is a higher vibration aligned with love. You thoughts can become a magnet and attract more positive elements into your life when you live each day in love and gratitude. With practice, you can align yourself in this state.
“If the only prayer you say in your whole life is
“Thank You,” that would suffice.”
Try this experiment this week:
1. Get your journal.
2. Write down ten things that you are grateful for today.
3. Read the list out loud. Try to feel the gratitude throughout your body, especially in your heart area.
4. Every day this week, read your list out loud and have the feeling of gratitude permeate your entire body.
5. In addition, add 3 more items to your list every day. Do not repeat any of the items. This may take some time in silence to dig deep within.
6. In order to commit to this plan, pick a time in your day or night that you will do this activity.
7. Continue adding 3 items and reading them out loud all week. At the end of the week, you will have 28 items to be grateful for.
8. When fear, stress, or worry set in, take out this list and read it.
Use the power of words to become a magnet and attract more of what you want in your life.
How did you feel at the end of the week?
Did you become more aware of some of the Blessings in your life?
Write a new affirmation
Click on this Amazon link to buy the book!