Passion is defined as a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling, enthusiasm, or desire for anything. Finding your passion can help you in finding your calling. This may occur at any time in your life. Some people find their passion at an early age. Others may not find their passion until much later in life. For me, one passion of mine is writing. I never look at the clock and hours could go by because I am lost and in love with what I am doing.
First, find your passion and that may help lead you to finding your calling in life. A hobby may turn into a career.
Reflect on these questions, take your time. It may take a few weeks before you can answer them. Perhaps write your answers in your journal.
1. What activity would you engage in even if you never made money doing it?
2. When you dream, what do you dream about?
3. What do you like to read about?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. What sparks your creativity?
6. What are 3 past life experiences that left you with a sense of fulfillment?
7. What was the best time you ever had?
8. What is your favorite part about life?
9. What activities make you feel like your heart is about to burst?
10. If you could do anything today, what would it be?
Now what? While reflecting on these answers, write down 3 things that bring you passion. They may be small things: watching a good movie, preparing and sharing a meal with friends, time in silence in nature, or dancing. This week, try to incorporate one of your passions into your life.
1. Start with a small thing this week.
2. Make a commitment to yourself to make the time.
3. Journal about how you felt after the experience.
What was your passion?