When we feel anxious, it is because we are not living in the present moment. Stress or anxiety is fear based. We worry about what “may” happen in the future or we have regrets about the past. We cannot change the past, learn from it and move on. We can prepare for future, but, we cannot control everything that will happen in our future. There is no power in worrying.
This video introduces five ways to release anxiety.
1. Gratitude is the best attitude. Next time you are feeling anxious, write down ten things that you are grateful for. This will help redirect your thoughts.
2. Deep Breathing – Practice abdominal breathing. Inhale to the count of five. Pause to the count of three. Exhale to the count of five. Do three times.
3. Affirmations. Words are powerful. A favorite quote of mine from James Allen, “All that we achieve and all that we fail to achieve is the direct result of our thoughts.” Try this powerful affirmation. I AM puts you in the powerful vortex of energy with Divine Intelligence.
I AM Invincible Protection.
4. Heart Massage – Learn this stress releasing tool. Our heart area is a place we carry our stress and anxiety. Massage it, just like you would any part of your body that is hurting.
5. Find your happy place and visualize that you are there. Maybe is it a favorite spot in nature, a vacation, or just spending time with your children.
Try to find one or two of these that work for you. Begin using one of these tools, so, the tool becomes a habit.
How do you handle anxiety?
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing on social media.
June 4, 2017
This video deals with the loss of love, however, the loss can take many forms. Begin the healing process and learn how to deal with loss. There is a guided, healing meditation we will do together!
Loss can take various forms:
• Death of a loved one
• Break up of an affair
• Loss of job
• Financial loss
• Loss of health
• Loss of youth
Three stages of loss:
There is no fixed time for each stage. Each stage will evolve naturally.
This video also has a guided healing meditation that will fill you with love and confidence. You will survive. You are a survivor!
May 31, 2017
Being single can have you feeling lonely at times. But, try this two-step process to focus on your strengths and stop the negative chatter in your mind.
May 28, 2017
Have you clearly defined your dreams? If not, then your dreams are just wishes. Imagine going past a jewelry store, and you see a necklace that you love and want. That is a wish not a dream or desire. Maybe you want a romantic relationship, now that is a desire. There are three steps to manifest your dreams. I call them three rules.
First and foremost, you must clearly define your desires. Be as specific as possible. If you want a new car, what make and model do you want? How about the color? Picture yourself behind the wheel going g for a long drive in your new car. Now, write that desire down on a sheet of paper.
Next, add to the list by the same clearly defined way. Do you want a new home? Where is it located? What kind of furnishings are in your new home? Who is there with you?
Continue adding to your list and feel free to amend or change it around.
Rule number two: Read your list out loud at least two times per day, preferably in the morning and right before you go to sleep. Reading them out loud helps drive your dreams into your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind never sleeps. Your subconscious mind is aligned with God and Infinite Possibilities. It is the magic power that you have at your disposable if you choose to use it and believe in it.
Rule number three: Do not discuss your list with anyone. This prevents negative energy to influence you. Your desires are between you and God. Naysayers may try to sway your beliefs, and you want to keep your power and your focus on your desires.
These three rules work! Try testing in on small, very attainable desires first to prove it to yourself. Be grateful for all the incredible changes that you can bring into your life.
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing it on social media.
May 21, 2017
Setting boundaries can be difficult in some areas of our lives. You may have no trouble with boundaries at work or with your children. How about boundaries with your family members or with friends? Or most important; boundaries with yourself? It is essential to be aware of and establish personal boundaries with ourselves, only then can we set boundaries with others. I equate it to the oxygen mask on planes. The flight attendant says, “Place the mask over your face before placing the mask with any children you are traveling with”. Sometimes, it is alright to say no to demands on your time.
If we begin with ourselves then, it will be easier to establish other boundaries in our lives. By doing this you will empower yourself and become more confident. This will give you self-fulfillment and then you can freely give of yourself to others: your children, your family, and your friends. It is like putting gas in the tank of your car. If there is no gas, the car stops. If “your tank” is empty, it is hard to lead a happy, peaceful life.
Sometimes we feel guilty for doing things for ourselves or taking time for ourselves. There are all the “shoulda’” and “have to dos”. We get stuck in routines at work and at home. We go on autopilot and before we know it, we are exhausted and drained.
This exercise it to create a personal boundary.
1. Pick something that you enjoy doing: meditating, playing music, exercising, or reading. Have it something you look forward to doing, not something that is guilt driven.
2. Schedule this activity for 30 minutes to 1 hour each day for the next week. Put it on your calendar.
3. If you have children or roommates, put a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door. This is your special time to renew and refresh your soul.
By empowering yourself to do this, it will carry over into other parts of your life.
What did your put into your schedule?