This video explains eight different techniques to bring happiness into your life and into your day. If one tool does not resonate with you, try the next. All of them are simple to bring into your daily schedule and they may just make the difference in your day and in your life. I challenge you to try one and keep it up for a week. At the end of the week, you will feel happier.
October 15, 2017
I have my morning ritual; it is a time that I cherish. I believe this time helps me stay centered and calm throughout the day. Most mornings, I get up early, while it is still dark and the world is quiet. I make myself a cup of tea and retreat to my “meditation chair.” It is an oversized, comfortable chair with a large basket of inspirational books next to it. This hour that I spend every morning, is a gift to myself. Most days there are no startling insights: just time to pray, go deep into my soul, and be in God’s presence. This week try to give yourself a gift of silence each morning and create a morning ritual.
My morning ritual consists of meditation, journaling, inspirational reading and sitting in silence. I begin reading and praying while enjoying my tea. Next, I meditate for about 20 minutes. This is followed by journaling and repeating affirmations. Some days, I do not have the luxury of an hour and that is alright. This morning ritual has helped me transform my life from fear based to love based.
Some morning ritual will help you deal with whatever the day brings your way. You are starting the day in a calm, peaceful manner and that will help you remain that way throughout your day. If you carve out even five minutes to read some Bible passages, you will feel a difference and set the tone for your day.
Create Your Morning Ritual
1. Pick out a spot in your home that you can remain undisturbed. It is preferable to have a chair to sit on.
2. Inspirational Reading – Pick out several books to keep by your side. I like to have a variety depending on what my mood is. Currently, I am reading the “I AM Discourses” and “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy. I also have a book of daily inspirational messages that I read right before my meditation. My old standby is “Around the Year with Emmet Fox.” I usually read for about 20 minutes while sipping my tea.
3. Meditation – If you do not have a meditation practice, a breathing meditation may be the way to start. Sit silently and concentrate on your breath going in and out of your body. When thoughts come, just let them go. Do not engage the thoughts. Just breathe. I set a timer for 20 minutes.
4. Journaling – Buy a special journal that you will use just for this purpose. After meditation, I open my journal and begin to write. I let the pen just flow.
5. Silence and Reflection – Before leaving my chair, I spend a few minutes in quiet reflection and praying and will recite the affirmations that I am currently using.
These are just my suggestions, be flexible and create your morning ritual.
What are your favorite books for inspiration?
October 10, 2017
Our thoughts are creative and at our disposal. Unlock the doors and use this to your advantage. Learn to use the vibratory power of words. You create your own destiny.
October 8, 2017
With all the horrible, tragic events going on in our world, it is easy to absorb the energy from these events. Even if you weren’t directly affected, watching the news and feeling sorrow and empathy for the many tragedies will create anxiety and affect your energy. It is important during times like these to take the time to relax and release any anxiety or tension. Try these 2 techniques to release anxiety.
Breathing exercises are effective to release stress. Usually, we take our breathing for granted, but, with practice on this technique, you will have a great tool to use.
First, I want you to lie on the floor and put one hand on your chest and one hand on your abdomen. Take a deep breath in and then breathe out. Did the hand on your abdomen rise and expanded the most? If not, you are doing shallow breathing. To use breathing effectively, you need to practice abdominal breathing.
Practice abdominal breathing for a few minutes. Imagine that your abdomen is a balloon and that as you inhale you are filling it up with air. Keep your hands on your chest and abdomen to see where the expansion is. Now that you can do deep breathing practice the following techniques.
Breathing for Letting Go of Tension
1. Inhale and say to yourself, “Breath in.”
2. Hold your breath a moment before you exhale.
3. Exhale slowly and deeply as you say to yourself, “Relax.”
4. As you hold your breath for a moment, notice any parts of your body that you are holding tension. When you exhale, feel the tension leave your body.
5. Practice this for five to twenty minutes at a time.
6. Practice it in non-stressful situations a few times a day. When you are comfortable with the technique, practice it in stressful situations.
Use of a Mantra
A mantra is a short phrase or word that requires no special tools to use and over time can transform your consciousness. It is a simple spiritual practice that you can put into practice starting today.
“A mantram or mantra, as it often called – is a powerful spiritual formula, which, when repeated silently in the mind, has the capacity to transform consciousness. Eknath Easwaran
Select a mantra that works for you. There are mantras from all the religious traditions, and I have listed several examples below. Once you choose a mantra, silently repeat it. Repeat it while you are walking, while you are falling asleep, or while you are doing your chores. That is, it!
When you are stressed, repeat it, until the anxiety passes. Over time, it will become more and more powerful for you. Gandhi called his mantra, “His staff of life.” Start today to choose one, begin silently repeating it and you will have a staff of life.
Om mani padme hum
“The jewel in the lotus of the heart.”
Pronounced: ohm maa-nee paad-may-hoom
Ave Maria or Hail Mary
“Ave Maria” means “Hail Mary” a mantram in honor of Mother Mary
My God and my all.
This was a phrase that Saint Francis used in his prayers
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us.
The Jesus prayer
Kyrie Eleison or Lord have Mercy
“The Lord as the source of abiding joy.”
Barukh attah Adonal
“Blessed art thou, O Lord”
Pronounced: baa-rook aa-taa aa-doh-nai
Ribono shel olam
“Lord of the Universe”
Pronounced: rib-on-oh shell oh-lam
The name of God.
October 3, 2017
All objects carry energy. By clearing the clutter in your home, you are also changing the possibilities in your own life. Remove obstacles and create energy that flows. Do you own your clutter or does it own you?
Try these 5 tips to declutter your home and you will begin to see changes in your life.
When you are finished, open up your windows to let all that fresh energy flow.