Chakras are energy vortexes along our spine. There are seven main chakras and each chakra governs a main organ or gland which is then connected with other body parts that resonate with the same frequency. The Third Chakra or solar plexus is located between the naval and the base of the sternum. Balance your third chakra and it will help the energy flow freely throughout your body.
The third chakra deals with willpower and ambition. When it is in balance we are self-confident and have a purpose in life. When it is not in balance, we may feel fear or feel powerless. There is difficulty moving forward in life or a low sense of self-esteem. The physical symptoms of an imbalance in the third chakra are indigestion, stomach trouble or nausea.
Ways to Balance Your Third Chakra
1. Try something new. Take a risk. It could be as simple as going to the movies alone.
2. Set a goal. Break the goal down into action steps and commit to completing the goal within a set timeframe.
3. Participate in a sport and win.
4. Crystals associated with the third chakra are yellow citrine, tiger’s eye and topaz. Get one on these crystals and place it on your third chakra for an hour a day.
5. The essential oils associated with the third chakra are rose, cinnamon and carnation. Get one of these oils, mix it with a base oil and apply to the solar plexus area.
6. The color associated with this chakra is yellow. Wear something colored yellow.
7. The herbs associated are chamomile and peppermint. Try making a cup of tea using one of these herbs.
8. The foods for the third chakra are: grains, pasta, bread, flax seeds and sunflower seeds. Try incorporating these into your diet.
9. There are some yoga poses for the third chakra. They include warrior and half boat pose.
Did any of these work for you?