Aromatherapy for Relaxing
Aromatherapy is, as the name suggests, a therapy that uses aromas. These aromas are produced from plants, trees, and herbs. Aromatherapy oils have the ability to affect our moods and fill a whole room with their fragrance. The oils can be smelled, put in a simple burner, or applied to the skin. There is also an electric aromatherapy vaporizer that uses water with the oils. Today we will discuss some essential oils that are good for relaxing.
Aromatherapy oils have the ability to affect our moods.
First, a warning about using the oils. The essential oils should not be applied directly to the skin undiluted. True essential oils are undiluted and come in small dark blue or brown bottles.
Oils for Relaxing
1. Clary Sage – It is extremely euphoric and is very good as an antidepressant. It is also good mixed into a bath.
2. Jasmine – Jasmine is one of the most powerful of the antidepressant oils. It has a sweet floral fragrance. It also has aphrodisiac and sedative properties. It should be used in moderation.
3. Lavender – If you had to choose just one essential oil, choose lavender. It is versatile oil and is derived from the flowers of the herb. Lavender has strong calming qualities and is effective for tension, depression, and insomnia. Put a drop of lavender oil on your pillow at night.
4. Rose – The scent is very feminine. It is strongly antidepressant and has aphrodisiac properties… Try adding a few drops to your bath water.
5. Sandalwood – This is a warm, sweet, woody essence that comes from the sandalwood tree. It has a calming, antidepressant effect and is also has aphrodisiac proprieties.
6. Lemon – It is refreshing, cleansing oil. It can help with depression and fatigue. The oil comes from the peel of the fruit.
Which of these essential oils appeal to you?