When we feel anxious, it is because we are not living in the present moment. Stress or anxiety is fear based. We worry about what “may” happen in the future or we have regrets about the past. We cannot change the past, learn from it and move on. We can prepare for future, but, we cannot control everything that will happen in our future. There is no power in worrying.
This video introduces five ways to release anxiety.
1. Gratitude is the best attitude. Next time you are feeling anxious, write down ten things that you are grateful for. This will help redirect your thoughts.
2. Deep Breathing – Practice abdominal breathing. Inhale to the count of five. Pause to the count of three. Exhale to the count of five. Do three times.
3. Affirmations. Words are powerful. A favorite quote of mine from James Allen, “All that we achieve and all that we fail to achieve is the direct result of our thoughts.” Try this powerful affirmation. I AM puts you in the powerful vortex of energy with Divine Intelligence.
I AM Invincible Protection.
4. Heart Massage – Learn this stress releasing tool. Our heart area is a place we carry our stress and anxiety. Massage it, just like you would any part of your body that is hurting.
5. Find your happy place and visualize that you are there. Maybe is it a favorite spot in nature, a vacation, or just spending time with your children.
Try to find one or two of these that work for you. Begin using one of these tools, so, the tool becomes a habit.
How do you handle anxiety?
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing on social media.