Reading has always been a passion of mine. When I was 5, I remember being so thrilled because I could read “The Cat and the Hat” all by myself. This passion for reading continues to this day. I love going to libraries and bookstores. The amount of knowledge in these places humbles me. This list of “5 Self Help Books to Read Now” are currently the ones on the coffee table in my family room. Maybe try to pick up at least one of these and read it this year.
- “The Book of Awakening: Having the Live You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have” Mark Nepo – This book has a reading for every day of the year. The message is timeless. When I want some inspiration, I pick it up and open it to any page. Each day has a theme, a quote, and a story. Today’s quote- “We love what we attend”. Mwalimu Imara
- “Self-Mastery through Conscious Autosuggestion” by Emile Coue. This little gem was written in 1922 and has 118 pages. Emile Coue was a leader in believing that the mind is the principal factor in health in sickness. His affirmation, “Every day in every way, I am getting better and better”.
- “You Can Heal Your Life” by Louise Hay. This has been my go to book for affirmations since 1987. Louise’s life story is inspiring and her techniques for using affirmations are timeless.
- “Secrets of Attraction: the Universal Laws of Love, Sex and Romance” by Sandra Anne Taylor. The author reveals how the Universal laws including quantum physics can affect your relationships.
- “The Strangest Secret” by Earl Nightingale. This is another classic. It was published in 1956 and it is a mire 42 pages. It is easy to read and yet a timeless, powerful message. His key to success and failure. “We become what we think about”.
Try to pick one of these books up. It may change your life.