Passion is defined as a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling, enthusiasm, or desire for anything. When going through my divorce and other difficult transitions, I realized I was not passionate about anything. In order to survive emotionally, there was a time I did not allow myself to feel any strong emotion, whether passion or anger. How boring is that? Try these 3 steps to a more fulfilling life.
We will begin by reflecting on the following questions and then we will discuss ways to begin putting that passion into your life!
Reflect on these questions, take your time. It may take a few weeks before you can answer them. Perhaps write your answers in your journal.
1. What activity would you engage in even if you never made money doing it?
2. When you dream, what do you dream about?
3. What are you good at?
4. What sparks your creativity?
5. What are 5 past life experiences that left you with a sense of fulfillment?
6. What was the best time you ever had?
7. What activities make you feel like your heart is about to burst?
Now what? While reflecting on these answers, write down 3 things that bring you passion. They may be small things: time with your children, spending more time reading, taking you dog on a walk or they could be larger things: learning to paint, dancing lessons, going back to school. This week, try to incorporate one of your passions into your life.
1. Start with a small thing, something that can easily be added to your life.
2. Be fearless. Do not let your mind tell you “I should” or “I cannot”.
3. Simplify some part of your life to make room for more passion.