If your affirmations are not working it is because you do not believe them. Try this technique to build a wealth consciousness and attract abundance in your life.
A thought is one of the mightiest means of creation. With our thoughts, we create small things, and if we can train our mind, we can create large things in our life. Out of habit, our thoughts are usually all over the place and rarely in the present moment, and this is what contributes to anxiety. Try practicing mindfulness for anxiety with these two simple techniques.
We live where our attention is. If we can be mindful in the present moment, we are truly alive. How many times have you been in a meeting and your thoughts wander to the plans you have for the evening? Or maybe you are watching a boring presentation, and you cannot stop thinking about the great time you had last weekend? Or maybe you are concerned about world news and how it is going to affect your stock portfolio?
Without being aware, our thoughts are all over the place. If we would completely pay attention to what everyone is saying in the meeting, you would feel more engaged and alive. The time would pass by quickly. If we could train our mind to be fully present now we could lift the burdens of the past and the future: say goodbye to regret, anxiety, guilt, and worry.
These two tools will help you to train your mind to stay in the present moment. The key is to teach the mind to do only one thing at a time. That is how you will feel fully alive and reduce anxiety.
1. Think of occasions when you do more than one thing at a time. For example, you are eating lunch and reading a book, or you are talking on the phone and checking email, or you are watching television while your son is talking to you.
Choose one activity and for a few days, give it your one-pointed attention. For example, if you are talking on the phone, stop, sit down and give that person your one-pointed attention. This tool will train your mind to stay present. In time, you will see cross-over to other occasions.
2. Worry is not useful at all. Most of the time, what we worry about never happens. We are projecting ourselves into the future in a negative fashion. Get a blank notebook or journal; this will be your “Worry Journal.”
Next time you are filled with anxiety, get out your journal and at the top of the page, write in one sentence or less what you are a concern. Below it writes a prayer or the word “God.” Take your attention away from your worry and fill your heart and mind with God’s presence. When you are ready, go back to the task at hand and leave your worry in the journal.
If you look through your journal later, most likely some of the worries, just faded away.
You have a choice to let your mind and thoughts wander or train them to stay mindful and in the present moment.
By living in the present moment, you can lead a life filled with joy. Try these two techniques to train your mind for one pointed attention and mindfulness.
Every day you have a choice to make it a great day. Make it a habit of choosing happiness.
“The Little French Bistro” is a mesmerizing novel that needs to be added to your summer reading list. The beautiful descriptions of the French Rivera, the landscape, and the food will entice you to plan a trip or at the very lease enjoy a glass of wine with a baguette and dream of the area. Nina George’s new novel is filled with romance, passion and second chances.
Marianne is 60 years old and stuck in a loveless marriage. She tries to kill herself, unsuccessfully and instead finds her way to the sea and a new life. She begins working at the Ar Mor restaurant and meets the various characters in the town. There is Yann, the handsome painter, Genevieve, the restaurant owner, Jean-Remy, the chef at Ar Mor and many others.
Marianne for the first time in her life begins living with passion. She does a complete makeover of her wardrobe, her hair, and her makeup. She finds new love and no longer wants to end her life because it is now rich with relationships and interests.
However, her past does catch up with her, and that is when Marianne must make a choice whether to go back to her old life or continue with courage on her new path.
This is one of my favorite passages from “The Little French Bistro”:
“I don’t know why we women believe that sacrificing our desires makes us more attractive to men. What on earth are we thinking? That someone who goes without her wishes deserves to be loved more than she who follows her dreams?”
Pick up, “The Little French Bistro” and travel virtually to the French Rivera.
I received this book from Blogging for Books in order to write this review.
Gratitude will raise your vibrational level and like a magnet have you attract happiness and abundance.
Gratitude is a powerful feeling that will raise your vibration and your energy. When your energy is vibrating at a higher frequency, you will attract more happiness, more love, and more abundance into your life. Gratitude is not ego driven. It is aligned with your true Inner Self and helps you remain in a state of grace. Learn and practice the magic of gratitude.
Think of gratitude like a magnet, and you are pulling more blessing toward yourself. Gratitude is felt in the heart, not the head. When you can remain in a state of gratitude, miracles will occur.
If you feel you are Blessed, more Blessings will follow.
Some days it can be very difficult to feel thankful for anything, but, that is when you dig deep and find something simple to be thankful for. It could be the way the light shines through a window. I could be the sound of the birds chirping in the morning. It could be the person that smiled at you today. It could be a beautiful cloud formation.
Today start a gratitude practice, and you will see positive changes in your life.
Try the ideas below:
1. Before you get out of bed in the morning, think of five things you are grateful for.
2. Keep a gratitude journal. Every day write down several things you are grateful for. Try not to repeat the items.
3. Get into the practice of smiling. Smile at the check-out person at the grocery store. Smile at the stranger that you pass on the street.
4. Write a letter to someone to thank them for their love or their help. How about thanking a former teacher that mentored you?
5. Keep a list handy throughout the day. Every time you feel blessed, write it down. Look it over at the end of the day. How does it make you feel?
Raise your vibration and your energy levels with gratitude. Use the laws of the Universe to work with you, not against you.
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing on social media.
When we feel anxious, it is because we are not living in the present moment. Stress or anxiety is fear based. We worry about what “may” happen in the future or we have regrets about the past. We cannot change the past, learn from it and move on. We can prepare for future, but, we cannot control everything that will happen in our future. There is no power in worrying.
This video introduces five ways to release anxiety.
1. Gratitude is the best attitude. Next time you are feeling anxious, write down ten things that you are grateful for. This will help redirect your thoughts.
2. Deep Breathing – Practice abdominal breathing. Inhale to the count of five. Pause to the count of three. Exhale to the count of five. Do three times.
3. Affirmations. Words are powerful. A favorite quote of mine from James Allen, “All that we achieve and all that we fail to achieve is the direct result of our thoughts.” Try this powerful affirmation. I AM puts you in the powerful vortex of energy with Divine Intelligence.
I AM Invincible Protection.
4. Heart Massage – Learn this stress releasing tool. Our heart area is a place we carry our stress and anxiety. Massage it, just like you would any part of your body that is hurting.
5. Find your happy place and visualize that you are there. Maybe is it a favorite spot in nature, a vacation, or just spending time with your children.
Try to find one or two of these that work for you. Begin using one of these tools, so, the tool becomes a habit.
How do you handle anxiety?
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing on social media.
This video deals with the loss of love, however, the loss can take many forms. Begin the healing process and learn how to deal with loss. There is a guided, healing meditation we will do together!
Loss can take various forms:
• Death of a loved one
• Break up of an affair
• Loss of job
• Financial loss
• Loss of health
• Loss of youth
Three stages of loss:
There is no fixed time for each stage. Each stage will evolve naturally.
This video also has a guided healing meditation that will fill you with love and confidence. You will survive. You are a survivor!