It is important to ground yourself on a regular basis, especially if you are on a spiritual path. We live and walk on this beautiful, magnificent earth and it is vital to stay balanced in our spiritual, emotional and physical body. By being balanced, centered, and aligned we become fully present in the moment. The “what-if” about the future become less dominant. Have you ever driven somewhere and you do not remember how you got to your destination? That is an example of being not grounded. Today, I will suggest 10 ways to ground yourself and I encourage you to try several this week.
The driving example I used above happens to me. I will leave my house go to a meeting and realize I do not remember how I got there. When that happens, I stop, and do one of the techniques below. I also find them helpful when I am working on a project, especially ones that involves creativity. I will stop, leave my desk and ground myself. It really gives a fresh start.
Other signs that you may not be grounded:
• Day dreaming
• Trouble focusing on a task
10 Ways to Ground Yourself
1. Eat something that is from the earth: potato, carrot, parsnip, beets.
2. Walk barefoot on grass. I try to do this every day.
3. Do gardening. Try to not wear gloves, so, you can feel the dirt. If you live in a cold climate, plant a small herb garden on a window sill.
4. Visualize a rod going down your back and all the way to the center of the earth.
5. Be aware of smells, sounds, and temperatures.
6. Visualize a tree with large roots that go to the center of the earth. Picture yourself next to the tree.
7. Spend some time in nature.
8. Bake bread. While kneading the dough by hand, concentrate on the texture and smell of the dough.
9. Wear red or eat red foods to clear your root chakra.
10. Use the essential oils Patchouli and Cedarwood.
Which of these techniques worked for you?